Measure and record vital signs
Prepare patients for examinations
Assist provider with exams and minor procedures
Perform basic in office testing and EKGs
Prepare and administer medications and immunizations
Prior authorizations for procedures, testing, DME supplies etc.
Triage of patient phone calls
Work with team to maintain Quality Measures on Patients
Assist with care management of chronic diseases
Assist with Quality Improvement projects
Regular communication with providers regarding patient care both verbally and through the EMR
Knowledge of and adherence to OSHA safety standards
Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal, medical and financial information per HIPAA.
Current Medical Assistant Certification ++
EMR experience – Athena ++
Strong writing and verbal skills
Ability to work through interruptions, manage multiple priorities and handle stressful situations.
Benefits at a Glance:
Health, dental and vision insurance available for staff
Medical Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
- Serves patients by greeting and helping them utilize technology to complete patient information and screenings, scheduling appointments, and maintaining records and accounts.
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone, and answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying staff of patient’s arrival up patient completion of screenings, forms etc.
- Answer patients’ questions, and maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by electronically “filing” and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information, recording and collecting patient charges.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies & procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Medical Receptionist Skills / Qualifications:
- Telephone skills
- Customer service
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Computer use
- Quality focus
- Medical Knowledge